Police blotter for Feb. 27

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A theft of motor vehicle parts was reported in the 1800 block of Valley Road around 3:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole a temporary license plate from the victim’s vehicle.

A case of criminal damage to property and a domestic dispute were reported at Market Place Mall, 2000 N. Neil St., around 6:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender had caused damage to the victim’s vehicle.

A case of domestic battery and theft was reported in the 1100 block of Austin Drive around 9 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, the victim and offender are in a dating relationship. They were involved in a physical altercation. The victim reported that the offender stole several items from her residence, including the victim’s driver’s license, credit cards, televisions and money. The offender then left to go to Danville.

An armed robbery was reported at Circle K, 609 E. University Ave., around 3 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the store with a mask covering their face. He held the store clerk at gunpoint, took money and jewelry, bound the victim’s hands with zip ties and fled the scene.

A criminal case of damage to property was reported at Oglesby Hall, 1005 College Court, around 9 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, several different items of the victim had been damaged by one of the room’s residents. The estimated replacement cost for the items is around $90.

A 19-year-old male was issued a state notice to appear in court for retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 6:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the bookstore’s security personnel witnessed the offender attempt to leave without paying for a set of headphones and then contacted the police. The retail value of the headphones was $19.99.

A theft was reported at the Ikenberry Dining Center, 301 E. Gregory Dr., sometime between 8:20 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the victim had left their wallet unattended in the public dining hall. The wallet contained the victim’s cash and debit cards, and an unauthorized purchase was made to the student’s card shortly after it was stolen.

A theft was reported at Grainger Engineering Library, 1301 W. Springfield Ave., around 9 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the victim reported that their ring had been stolen after they had left it unattended in a restroom. The estimated value of the ring is around $500.