Police blotter for Feb. 28

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A retail theft was reported at County Market, 331 E. Stoughton St., around 3:30 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the suspect entered the business, took merchandise without paying and exited the business. She was stopped and the merchandise was recovered.

A 20-year-old female was arrested on the charge of aggravated battery in the 1500 block of Kiler Drive around 11 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender battered the victim, fought with officers and resisted hospital staff and security.

Possession of cannabis was reported in the 300 block of University Avenue around 5:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a vehicle was stopped for disobeying a stop sign and a warning was issued for the smell of cannabis coming from the vehicle. The passenger in possession was issued a city notice to appear in court.

A 22-year-old male was arrested on the charge of driving under the influence of alcohol near Wright and Green streets around 3 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender’s vehicle was initially stopped for drifting in and out of the lane.

A 19-year-old male was issued a notice to appear in court for theft at Noyes Laboratory , 505 S. Matthews Ave., around midnight Saturday. According to the report, police were called by witnesses who saw the offender attempting to steal bikes from a rack. Police stopped the offender as he was riding away from the area on a stolen bike.

A theft was reported at Windsor of Savoy, 401 Burwash Ave., around 1 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a University employee reported that a radio belonging to the Fire Service Institute was stolen on Jan. 28 during a training exercise. The radio has an estimated value of $5,053.

A domestic dispute was reported in the 1200 block of South Lierman Avenue around 2:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victims and offenders live in the same residence and were involved in a verbal altercation.

An incident of credit card fraud was reported in the 1000 block of West University Avenue around 5:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender used the victim’s credit card information to make purchases without the victim’s knowledge or consent while the victim was still in possession of his credit card.