Police Blotter for Aug. 29

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A domestic battery was reported on the 1400 block of Holly Hill Drive around 8 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the offender and victim got into an argument, and the offender proceeded to batter the victim. The offender was arrested.

A theft was reported on the 2600 block of West Springfield Avenue around 3 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, the victim’s granddaughter took her keys out of her purse while she was sleeping and took her vehicle without her permission.

A 20-year-old was arrested for two counts of aggravated battery near Fourth and Daniel streets around 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the 20-year-old and two other unidentified people were hitting a University student near Third and John streets and ran when ordered to stop by an officer.

A domestic dispute was reported on the 1600 block of Melrose Valley Court around noon on Sunday. According to the report, the victim and offender got into a verbal argument.

Abandoned property was reported on the 1400 block of Pennsylvania Avenue around 10 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, a local resident found the items in his yard.