Police Blotter for Sept. 8

The+University+of+Illinois+police+on+campus.+

The University of Illinois police on campus.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A case of aggravated battery was reported on the 1200 block of N. Mattis Avenue around 10:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the unknown suspect shot the victim with a paintball gun.

A theft was reported at the Walmart Super Center on the 2600 block of N. Prospect Avenue around 11 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the suspect fled with an electronic device and has not been located at this time.

An instance of credit card fraud was reported on the 400 block of Briar Lane around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, unauthorized ATM withdrawals were done on the victim’s credit card.

Theft was reported at the Armory, 505 E. Armory Ave., between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim’s ring was stolen while left unattended in a bathroom.

An arrest was made near the intersection of Fourth St. and Green St. around 2 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the 19-year-old arrestee had brought contrband into a penal institution and had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court in McLean County, Illinois. Cannabis was found in his clothes at the jail.

A notice to appear in court for criminal trespass to state-supported land was issued around 9 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a University student reported the 34-year-old male was making female students feel uncomfortable at Illini Grove on the 900 block of W. Pennsylvania Ave. He’d previously been issued a no-trespassing notice for University property

An arrest was made on the 800 block of Hawthorne Dr. around 10 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the arrestee admitted to battering the victim. They were involved in a dating relationship.

Theft was reported at Preston WIlliams, 2102 E. Washington St., around 3:30 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole money from the victim’s purse that was left in an occupied classroom.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 1600 block of Curtis Dr. around 8 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim observed damage to his vehicle and no suspect information is available.