Police Blotter for Sept. 18

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016. A 17-year-old male was killed after a shooting in Champaign on Thursday night.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Domestic battery was reported at America’s Best Inn on the 1000 block of Bloomington Road around 7 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim was battered by the suspect who was has not been located.

A case involving criminal damage to property was reported on the 1500 block of Bellepark Drive around 7 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, an unknown subject broke the rear window of the victim’s vehicle.

A theft was reported near George Huff Drive and Race Street in Urbana around 9 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, a University-owned string trimmer, with an estimated value of $200, was left unattended and later stolen.

A University student was issued a state of Illinois notice to appear in court for charges of attempted retail theft. According to the report, around 4 p.m. Thursday at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St. in Champaign, bookstore employees contacted police after the student attempted to leave the store without paying for a textbook valued at $154.

Domestic battery was reported on the 400 block of West Park Street around 9 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the arrestee was highly intoxicated. The victim’s injuries were noted as “minor but apparent.”

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1200 block of Linview Avenue around 5:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the unknown offender opened the unlocked a car to remove property. When confronted by the victim, the offender admitted to other burglaries. The offender has not yet been located.