Waka Flocka Flame to perform at Foellinger

Waka+Flocka+Flame+walks+down+pit+road+before+the+Daytona+500+on+Feb.+26+at+Daytona+International+Speedway+in+Daytona+Beach%2C+Florida.+He+will+be+performing+at+Foellinger+Auditorium+in+Urbana+on+Dec.+2.+

TNS

Waka Flocka Flame walks down pit road before the Daytona 500 on Feb. 26 at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. He will be performing at Foellinger Auditorium in Urbana on Dec. 2.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Rapper Waka Flocka Flame will be performing at Foellinger Auditorium in Urbana on Dec. 2.

“We decided to put out an offer for Waka Flocka because we knew he’d be a big draw for UIUC students,” said Kate Milleker, senior manager of Star Course, the University’s oldest student-run organization designed to contract, promote and stage campus entertainment.

Over 500 tickets have already been sold, and Star Course is expecting to have 600-700 people at the show itself.

“Our Facebook event reached over 13,000 people within 24 hours of announcing on social media, and we sold about 200 tickets as soon as tickets went on sale Nov. 2, so we knew we were going to have a popular show,” Milleker said.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show starts at 7:30 p.m. No backpacks, food or drinks will be allowed inside the venue. Foellinger Auditorium is a non-smoking venue.

Tickets are $15 for students and $22 for public. They are available on Star Course’s website. Online ticket sales will end Friday at 4 p.m., but tickets will also be available for purchase at the door.

“It’s been really exciting seeing all the enthusiasm on campus and within our organization,” Milleker said.