The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 14

By Samantha Boyle, Assistant Daytime News Editor

Aggravated battery was reported on the 500 block of East Healey Street around 4 p.m. Thursday.  According to the report, the victim was walking home on Healey Street when they were suddenly shot with a pellet gun in the abdomen.

Residential burglary was reported on the 2400 block of North Neil Street around 8 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the unknown offender entered the victim’s house and stole electronic items.

Domestic battery was reported on the 800 block of South Prairie Street around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offenders and the victims were fighting over a phone.      

An in-state notice to appear in court was issued at the Undergraduate Library, 1402 W. Gregory Drive, around 11 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the 18-year-old male offender was identified as the person who took two items without paying from the Illini Union Bookstore Wednesday.

Lost articles were reported on the 200 block of North Vine Street around 7 a.m. Friday. According to the report, a syringe with a red substance inside was found in a parking lot.

Battery was reported on the 1200 block of South Vine Street at around 2 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the offender and the victim were both intoxicated and started hitting each other with sticks.

An animal was reported found on the 1400 block of East Main Street around 9 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, a brown bat was found and taken to the lab for University testing.