Papa Del’s announces data breach occurrence

Daily Illini File Photo

Papa Del’s is known for their delicious deep-dish pizza and is located at 1201 S. Neil St., Champaign, IL. On Nov. 14, they learned of a security that may have put customer’s personal information at risk.

By Daniel Renteria, Staff Writer

Papa Del’s has announced that a security breach may have led to personal information being stolen for customers who made card payments at the restaurant between May 9 and Sept. 30.

On Nov. 14, the restaurant, located on 1201 South Neil St., learned individual’s card numbers, expiration dates and security codes for credit and debit cards may have been stolen from their system.

For information not stolen, the official notice states “Any information provided in connection with an online order, such as your name, address, phone number or payment card information, was not impacted.”

The restaurant suggests all individuals who used their card between the dates of the breach should check their banking statements for any unusual activity and reach out to their bank if they find any.

The restaurant states since Jan. 23, card transactions have been secure.