The Daily Illini police blotter for April 2

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft was reported on the 2900 block of Blair Drive around 8 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim’s vehicle was stolen from her driveway by an unknown offender. The owner later located the vehicle. Some items were missing from the car.

Theft was reported at Disk Replay, 2012 N. Prospect Ave., around 1 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, a male offender sat on the counter, reached over a rack and took two items. He then left without paying for the items.

Theft was reported at the ARC, 201 E. Peabody Drive, around 6 p.m. Friday. According to the report, a student reported his wallet and cash were stolen. The items were valued around $700.

Extortion was reported at 3 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, a University student was recorded by an unknown person online performing a sexual act. The unknown offender threatened the student that the recorded video would be posted online if the student did not pay the unknown offender. The student paid $900 to the offender before reporting to police.

Theft was reported at Student Dining and Residential Programs Building, 301 E. Gregory Drive, around 9 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a student reported a $70 parking tag had been stolen from her parked scooter.

Animal cruelty was reported on the 900 block of North Gregory Street around 8 a.m. Friday. According to the report, an animal welfare check was conducted on dogs and cats living in the residency. Three animals were surrendered.

An arrest was made on the charges of theft at Schnucks, 200 N. Vine St., around noon Monday. According to the report, the suspect hid an item on himself and left the store past the last point of sale.

Harassment was reported at Bush Brothers, 1111 W. Eads St., around 3 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender contacted the business multiple times, harassing the victim. The offender did not stop even after being told to stop calling the business.