Parkland Community College prepares with online classes due to coronavirus

Parkland Community College is located at 2400 West Bradley Ave. The college announced a potential hybrid plan Tuesday for its fall semester that would have students attend classes partially online and partially on-campus.

By Samantha Boyle, News Editor

An announcement from Parkland Community College’s president Tom Ramage informed students many courses will be shifted online after March 23. However, this is not a campus closure.

The online course plan will be implemented until April 3 and the college will continue to evaluate as new information becomes available.

According to the announcement, lecture components of all courses will be moved online, but studio and lab components will still meet on-campus.

The Child Development Center will also remain open as long as it is safe for families and students.

Large gatherings on campus will be minimized, and some education courses may also be canceled.

Just like the University, students, faculty and staff returning from a country with a Center for Disease Control and Prevention travel advisory of Level 2 or 3 are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.

“Thank you all for your commitment to health and safety on campus,” Ramage wrote at the end of his email. “Your dedication and flexibility are appreciated.”