University makes changes to Fall 2020 class schedule

By Amrita Bhattacharyya, Staff Writer

Due to social distancing guidelines, the University has made modifications to the Fall 2020 class schedule to lower classroom capacities. 

According to a massmail, changes may include moving certain classes fully online, having hybrid classes and new meeting times and locations. 

Other modifications may also include “distributed attendance,” in which not all students will be attending the in-person class each day. The schedule plan will be provided by instructors. 

Students will not be able to change their schedules from July 11 to August 3 to allow the Office of the Registrar to “make necessary schedule modifications in the registration system.”

Students will receive time tickets beginning July 14 to make modifications to their fall schedule in August. 

Although the majority of schedule modifications will be made by 6 p.m. on July 31, “minor modifications” may still be made after. 

Once all changes to fall classes are finished, students will be able to modify their schedule if necessary. 

“We know that uncertainty is frustrating, but please be assured that we are doing all we can to ensure minimal disruptions to your existing class schedule,” Kevin Pitts, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, said in the massmail.