International boba chain expects Green Street opening by December

Cameron Krasucki

Tiger Sugar, international boba chain, is set to open on Green Street in December.

By Royal Shrestha, Staff Writer

A brand new bubble tea place, Tiger Sugar, is preparing to open its doors on Green Street for the first time. 

Located near many other boba places, Tiger Sugar will be bringing in new, authentic flavors. The shop’s founders are the original creators of the popular black sugar boba tea with a tiger stripe design. 

“Tiger Sugar is an international chain; my first time going to one was in my hometown, Hong Kong,” said Clive Chung, sophomore in Engineering. “I’m glad I can try their boba again here on campus.”

In addition to boba, Tiger Sugar will also be serving milk tea, fruit tea and many desserts inspired by its shops in Hong Kong. The official prices have not been revealed yet, but Chung described the prices being around $4-5 in Hong Kong.

“The boba Tiger Sugar serves is super high quality, and their black sugar boba is one of the best bobas I’ve ever had,” Chung said. “I don’t think any of the places on campus compares to it,”

Rene Cortez, junior in LAS, described how he wasn’t sure if Tiger Sugar would become a hit, or if it will stand up to the already well-known places among students such as Teamoji and Kung Fu Tea. 

“There are already dozens of boba places on campus students can choose from,” Cortez said. “Having visited most of them, many of their flavors don’t seem too different from each other which I think will be the case again. Of course, I would like to be wrong about my thoughts, so let’s see during the grand opening.”

Kevin, manager at Tiger Sugar, said he anticipates the shop to be open next month once enough staffing is in place.