The Daily Illini police blotter for April 18

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Nothing to report. 

Identity theft was reported on Sunday by a University student. According to the report, someone had filed a fraudulent tax return in the student’s name. The student is currently working with the IRS to resolve the issue. 

Police assisted the Urbana Fire Department at Saunders Hall, 902 W. College Court, Urbana, around 5:30 a.m. on Friday. According to the report, someone had lit a small fire on a tabletop in the lobby. 

An arrest was made on the charges of theft of lost or mislaid property at the Illinois Terminal, 45 E. University Ave., Champaign, around 12 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, a University student had left her cell phone at the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., Urbana. The student called her phone where it was answered by a witness who could identify the suspect. 

An arrest was made on the charges of illegal possession of cannabis, possession of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance lookalike and for using his cellphone while driving. According to the report, the suspect was initially stopped because he was using his cellphone while driving, but after smelling an odor of cannabis, police searched the vehicle and found improperly stored cannabis, an MDMA pill and three pills with markings indicating they were Adderall. 

Theft over $500 was reported at Eastland Suites, 1900 block of Cunningham Avenue around 8:30 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the unknown offender stole multiple items from the victim’s hotel room. 

Burglary was reported in the 1300 block of North Lincoln Avenue around 2 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment through an unlocked window and stole a television. 

Burglary was reported at Eastland Suites, 1900 block of Cunningham Avenue around 12 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the unknown offender stole four televisions from four different suites inside the hotel.