UI System President Tim Killeen tests positive for COVID-19

Timothy+Killeen%2C+president+of+the+University+System%2C+speaks+during+the+Siebel+Center+for+Design+grand+opening+on+Oct.+8.+Kileen+has+tested+positive+for+Covid-19+on+Saturday.+

Sydney Laput

Timothy Killeen, president of the University System, speaks during the Siebel Center for Design grand opening on Oct. 8. Kileen has tested positive for Covid-19 on Saturday.

By Royal Shrestha, Assistant News Editor

A Massmail was sent out on Tuesday announcing that Timothy Killeen, president of the University System, tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend. 

Killeen, who is fully vaccinated and double boosted, tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday and is currently isolating in the President’s House at the University. He will work at home remotely while his health recovers. 

“My infection is an unfortunate reminder that the virus remains with us and that all of us must continue to take it seriously, remain vigilant and take reasonable precautions to prevent its spread,” Killeen said in the Massmail.

His wife, Dr. Roberta Johnson Killeen, is currently looking after his health and taking care of him. So far, she has tested negative for COVID-19. 

A UI System spokesperson declined to provide further comment beyond the Massmail at this time.