Ludacris to perform at UI Homecoming

Ludacris+performs+at+Chevy+Court+at+the+New+York+State+Fair+on+Aug.+24%2C+2018.+The+rapper+will+be+performing+at+State+Farm+Center+during+Homecoming+on+Oct.+15.+

Photo courtesy of Scott Schild/TNS

Ludacris performs at Chevy Court at the New York State Fair on Aug. 24, 2018. The rapper will be performing at State Farm Center during Homecoming on Oct. 15.

By Srikamal Munukutla and Jessie Wang

Christopher Brian Bridges, known by his stage name Ludacris, will perform at the University for Homecoming this fall.

Bridges, a Champaign native, is a rapper and actor scheduled to perform at State Farm Center on Oct. 15 at 8 p.m., according to a press release.

Tickets range from $49.50 to $65.50 before fees, and current University students will receive a $10 discount. Pre-sale tickets are available to University students online from Thursday at 10 a.m. through Sunday at 11:59 p.m.

Tickets for the general public will go on sale on Monday, Sept. 19 at noon and can be purchased online, at the Illinois Ticket Office at State Farm Center or by calling 866-ILLINI-1. 

Throughout his music career, Ludacris has sold more than 24 million albums worldwide and is known for his music videos. He has won three Grammy Awards and an MTV Video Music Award for his work.

Ludacris began his acting career as the fan-favorite character Tej in “2 Fast 2 Furious” and will reprise his role for the final movie in the franchise in 2023.

Chris Quinones, freshman in LAS, said he was unaware of the concert, but it will be a cool opportunity. 

Macy Hull, junior in AHS, said she’s interested in going to the concert.

“I know ‘Baby’ by Justin Bieber featuring Ludacris, that’s about it, but it’s the only song that matters.”