Rep. Nikki Budzinski releases employment resource guide to aid Illinois locals

Rep. Nikki Budzinski released an employment resource guide on Wednesday to help central and southern Illinois residents find local job opportunities. 

The employment resource guide released today includes links to federal, state and local resources to improve access to workforce development resources and job openings in the area. 

“Whether folks are entering the job market for the first time or seeking a new role, I’m hopeful that our employment resources guide will be a helpful tool to improve access to new opportunities available throughout Illinois’ 13th Congressional District,” Budzinski said in a press release.

Budzinski has been an advocate for supporting pathways to employment since joining Congress. The LEAP Act, her first bill, supported apprenticeship programs to close job skill gaps.

The bill encouraged businesses to hire apprenticeship employees through federal tax incentives. 

Budzinski has also been working to improve the notification system of the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act. The Illinois WARN Act states that employers are required to provide 60 days advance notice of pending mass layoffs.

Additionally, in response to layoffs, the congresswoman is trying to improve assistance available to impacted workers through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.

“I came to Congress to lift up working families and help communities across Central and Southern Illinois thrive,” Budzinski said. “A key part of that is ensuring that everyone has access to a good paying job.”