Nikki Budzinski’s agendas signed into second bipartisan government funding bill

Rep. Nikki Budzinksi helped pass a package that funds federal government legislation aligned with her priorities regarding the Second Bipartisan Government Funding Bill. It will be included in the remainder of the 2024 fiscal budget and was signed by President Joe Biden on Saturday.

The bill incorporates numerous agendas Budzinski advocated for during the appropriations process in which she secured increased funding. Issues that will receive increased funding in the fiscal budget are border security, workers’ support, health care, medical research and education programs.

Increased funding for border security in the bipartisan funding bill includes technology and personnel to counteract the fentanyl epidemic, funding for nonprofits and NGOs that assist migrants awaiting immigration status results and overall increased investments in border security workers.

The increased funding to support workers includes full funding for fellowship grants and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, which details support for training assistance and staff development for dislocated workers.

Budzinski securement includes funding to many organizations in healthcare and medical research such as National Institutes of Health, USAID and the Department of Defense Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program, which focus on diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer’s disease while also providing support for individuals in substance use treatment and recovery.

Increased funding for child care, students, teachers and schools are also funded by the bill. Budzinski was able to ensure more funding for a variety of school programs. Some of the programs include child care all the way to the improvement of job training for teachers. There is over $1 billion total to help fund these programs.

Budzinski’s attitude regarding the bill was announced in a press report.

“The federal budget is a reflection of our priorities,” Budzinski said. “I was proud to help pass a bipartisan government funding bill that makes critical investments in border security, workforce development, health care and education.”