Students crowd the Assembly Hall for Kid Cudi presale

The line spanned from the Assembly Hall box office almost to First Street Friday when students gathered for the student pre-sale of the Kid Cudi concert.

Brooklyn-based rapper Kid Cudi will perform at Assembly Hall on Tuesday, Oct. 5 at 7:30 p.m.

Students with a valid I-Card were able to buy tickets 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday. Only cash was accepted and a spokesperson at the ticket office said they would continue to sell the tickets to the students until the line was done, even if it went past 5 p.m.

Students waited in line for up to two hours.

“I didn’t think the line would be this long, but it’s worth it,” said Brian O’Donnell, sophomore in LAS. “Kid Cudi is great and he’s popular right now.”

Only cash was accepted and students were allowed to purchase two tickets per I-card.

“I love his music and I get to go with all my best friends,” Gabriella Pedroza, junior in LAS said. “It seems like it will be a really good time.”

Tickets will go on sale to the general public Sept. 13 at 10 a.m. Tickets can be bought at the Assembly Hall box office and all Ticketmaster outlets, according to the press release.

Kid Cudi gained popularity in 2008 with his single Day ‘n’ Nite. He released his debut album Man on the Moon: The End of Day in the summer of 2009, according to the press release.

“Picking my favorite Kid Cudi song is like asking me to pick my favorite child,” O’Donnell said.

Jennifer Larson, assistant director of marketing for Assembly Hall, said she does not believe tickets will sell out. She said Assembly Hall is a big place to fill but they do intend to do well.

“Hip hop artists have been very popular with college age kids,” Larson said.

Tickets range from $25 to $32 depending on the seats.

“The ticket price is great,” Larson said. “There’s a $5 discount for students with a valid I-Card.

Larson said she expects more University students to be in attendance than the general public. She said Assembly Hall is heavily promoting on campus and billing it as a student show.

“It will be a fun night out,” Larson added as to why students should attend.

For more information visit www.uofiassemblyhall.com.