Police blotter March 4, 2013

—Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1200 block of North Fourth Street at around 2 p.m. Sunday.

According to the report, an unknown offender threw a concrete block through a window and stole electronic equipment.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 500 block of South Third Street at around 7 a.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the vehicle was damaged and burglarized while it was parked in an underground garage. One tire, a cell phone, a GPS tracking device and cash were stolen from the vehicle.

A 20-year-old male was arrested on the charge of disorderly conduct in the 700 block of West John Street at around 11:30 a.m. Sunday.

According to the report, the suspect pointed an air rifle at the victims while they were at a school playground.

Theft was reported in the 00 block of East John Street at around 2 a.m. Sunday.

According to the report, the victim’s laptop was stolen from her apartment.  

Theft was reported at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Dr., at around 7 p.m. Sunday.

According to the report, an unknown offender bent the top half of a locker and gained access to the victim’s belongings despite a lock being attached. The victim’s wallet was stolen. It was valued at $125. Damage to the locker is estimated around $50.

Criminal damage to property was reported near the intersection of Stadium Drive and Oak Street at around 7:30 a.m. Saturday.

According to the report, an unknown offender damaged the windows of two construction vehicles and other items at the site of a contracted project. The estimated damage is $1,200.

Criminal damage to property was reported in lot C-5, 905 S. Sixth Street, at around 11 p.m. Friday.

According to the report, two students’ vehicles were damaged while parked in the lot. The estimated combined damage for both vehicles is $350.

A 41-year-old male was arrested on the charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to appear in court at the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green Street, at around 9 p.m. Friday.

According to the report,  someone recognized the offender from his warrant to appear in court and notified police. The offender was found to be in possession of a pipe believed to be used to smoke illegal drugs. He was also issued a University of Illinois no-trespassing notice.

A 26-year-old male was arrested on charges of theft at Save-A-Lot, 220 N. Broadway Ave., at around 6 p.m. Sunday.

According to the report, the offender entered the store on Saturday and concealed a bottle of vodka in his pants with the intent of leaving the store without paying for the bottle. When the offender returned on Sunday, he was confronted by police about the incident the prior day. When confronted, it was found that the offender was in possession of another bottle of vodka that he had concealed in the front of his pants.

Compiled by Jason Chun