Unofficial results: ACES junior Frye named trustee for 2014-15

Courtesy of Lucas Frye  

By Megan Jones

Editor’s Note: This page will be updated as results become official.

Lucas Frye, junior in ACES, will serve as student trustee to the Urbana campus for the 2014 to 2015 academic year.

Frye ran against Nick Reinberg, junior in LAS, who received 899 votes and Andrew Kim, who received 353 votes. Frye received 1,195 votes.

All three fees up for review will continue under the spring 2014 student referendum. 

The Cleaner Energy Technologies fee, a $2 fee per semester, was approved with a vote of 2,861 to 623. The funds help support multiple sustainability projects on campus. 

The Legacy of Service and Learning Scholarship Fee, a $12.94 fee per semester, was approved with a vote of 2,016 to 1,380. The funds create a scholarship that is distributed to University students with financial needs.

The Sustainable Campus Environment fee, a $12.06 fee per semester, was established to fund initiatives such as creating more green buildings on campus, promoting recycling and sustainable farming practices. The fee was approved with a vote of 2,670 to 824. 

Additionally, undergraduate students Jaylin McClinton, Victor Rivera, Dionne Gatling, Frantz Jacques, Colton Kochanekand Karim Popatia were elected to the Student Organization Resource Fee, or SORF, Board. The graduate students elected to the SORF board were Shawn Gordon and Matthew Petruszak, who is also an Illini Media employee.

Megan can be reached [email protected] and @meganash_jones.