police blotter-for-sept-21-2015

By Jason Chun and Charlotte Collins

• Residential burglary was reported Thursday around 7:45 a.m. in the 1100 block of S. Fourth Street. According to the report, the suspect entered the victims’ apartment and stole items while the residents were asleep.

• A 20-year-old student was issued a notice to appear in court for retail theft Thursday at the Illini Union Bookstore around 1 p.m. According to the report, security personnel called police after seeing the student attempt to leave the store without paying for two books, a total retail value of $92.20.
  • A 21 year old was arrested around 1 a.m. Friday in the 500 block of E. Daniel Street for resisting arrested. According to the report, the man was involved in a fight and ran from police when approached.

• Armed robbery was reported on the intersection of Cunningham and Oakland Avenues around 1 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender pointed a pistol at the victim and robbed the victim of $17 but police were unable to locate the offender.
  • Battery was reported Sunday around 2:30 a.m. in the 2000 block of Vawter Street. According to the report, the offender and the victim are neighbors and got into a verbal argument before the offender shoved the victim.

Compiled by Jason Chun and Charlotte Collins