Secretary of State Jesse White offers mobile services to University

By Vivienne Henning, Assistant Daytime Editor

Secretary of State Jesse White is working to make faculty, staff and students’ lives a little easier at the University with mobile services.

Secretary of State mobile services will come to the Illini Union, Room 407, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. every last Wednesday of the month throughout the school year. Their first service day was Aug. 31, and their last will be April 26.

The services available range from driver’s license and state ID card renewal, replacement or corrections; vehicle stickers sales, collegiate license plates, organ/tissue donor registration, vehicle title and registration, parking placards for persons with disabilities and more.

“This is a great example of how Secretary Jesse White puts customer service first,” said Karen Barker, staff member of the Secretary of State’s office.

A special aspect of the mobile services is that they also offer University of Illinois license plates, with $25 of the sale on each plate going towards the U. of I. scholarship fund.

This will be the ninth year that the secretary has offered these services to the campus.