Police Blotter for September 5, 2016
September 6, 2016
- A 48-year-old male was arrested on the charge of aggravated domestic battery in the 1600 block of Summit Ridge Road around 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
According to the report, officers were dispatched for a physical domestic dispute. The victim had visible injuries that required stitches at the hospital.
- An attempted burglary was reported at The UPS Store, 907 W. Marketview Dr., around 1:30 p.m. Friday.
According to the report, a company vehicle was broken into and a package was opened, but nothing was taken.
- Two 19-year-old males were issued notices to appear in court for possession of under 10 grams of cannabis at Oglesby Hall, 1005 College Court, around 8 p.m. Thursday.
According to the report, a resident adviser called police after smelling a strong cannabis odor.
- Theft was reported at an athletic field near the intersection of First Street and Stadium Drive around 8 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the report, the cellphone was left unattended and has an estimated value of $250.
- A 60-year-old male was arrested on the charge of theft at Meijer, 2500 S. Philo Rd., around 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
According to the report, the suspect entered the business two days in a row, concealed steaks and took them past the last point of sale without paying for them.
Compiled by Samantha Jones Toal