Police Blotter for September 5, 2016

By Samantha Jones Toal, Assistant News Editor

• A 48-year-old male was arrested on the charge of aggravated domestic battery in the 1600 block of Summit Ridge Road around 11:30 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, officers were dispatched for a physical domestic dispute. The victim had visible injuries that required stitches at the hospital.

• An attempted burglary was reported at The UPS Store, 907 W. Marketview Dr., around 1:30 p.m. Friday.

According to the report, a company vehicle was broken into and a package was opened, but nothing was taken.

• Two 19-year-old males were issued notices to appear in court for possession of under 10 grams of cannabis at Oglesby Hall, 1005 College Court, around 8 p.m. Thursday.

According to the report, a resident adviser called police after smelling a strong cannabis odor.

• Theft was reported at an athletic field near the intersection of First Street and Stadium Drive around 8 p.m. Wednesday.

According to the report, the cellphone was left unattended and has an estimated value of $250.

• A 60-year-old male was arrested on the charge of theft at Meijer, 2500 S. Philo Rd., around 4:30 p.m. Sunday.

According to the report, the suspect entered the business two days in a row, concealed steaks and took them past the last point of sale without paying for them.

Compiled by Samantha Jones Toal