Police blotter for Nov. 9, 2016

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A 35-year-old male was arrested on the charges of battery and criminal damage to property in the 1000 block of South Prairie Street at around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender battered the victim, then broke her phone when she tried to call for help.

An 18-year-old male was arrested on the charge of burglary in the 400 block of North Willis Avenue at around 11:00 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim interrupted the offender burglarizing his garage. The offender fled from officers but was arrested later.

A University student reported Monday afternoon that someone had falsely used her credit card. The amount charged on the card totaled $2,175.

A robbery was reported at the State Farm Center, 1800 S. First St., at around 11:00 a.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged a door and stole various items, including a laptop computer, overnight. The estimated cost to repair the door is $2,000 and the estimated value of the items stolen is $1,575.

A theft was reported at The Canopy Club, 708 S. Goodwin Ave., at around 1 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim was attending a party at the bar the night before and during a one hour period the victim’s phone and other items went missing. The items are assumed to be stolen.

A theft was reported in the 700 block of Colorado Avenue at around noon Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender took the copper piping and valve systems from the laundry room of the complex.

Compiled by Madeleine Hubbard