Police blotter for April 4

Back to Article
Back to Article

Police blotter for April 4

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Burglary was reported at Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 208 W. University Ave., around 2:30 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, a 53-year-old homeless man was arrested on the charge of stealing food after forcing entry through an open window.

Armed robbery was reported at Busey Bank, 2011 W. Springfield Ave., around 9:15 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, currency was stolen by the 42-year-old male offender.

Theft was reported on the 2000 block of John Street around 11 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, the 83-year-old female victim reported an unknown suspect stole a hubcap off of her vehicle while in a parking lot.

Criminal damage to a vehicle was reported on the 600 block of Kirby Avenue around 6:30 p.m. on March 25. According to the report, the victim reported her vehicle was struck and the unknown offender drove away. An estimated cost to repair the damage is not available.

A suicide threat was reported on the 800 block of Division Avenue around 3:45 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, the 28-year-old female suffers from depression and threatened to harm herself with a knife after becoming upset with her live-in girlfriend. She was taken to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.

Disorderly conduct was reported on the 2300 block of Main Street around noon on Monday. According to the report, the 42-year-old male victim alleged that the 52-year-old male offender made a threatening comment to harm him.

Lost articles were reported on the 700 block of Goodwin Avenue around 9 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, the 24-year-old female victim misplaced her wallet at a nightclub over the weekend.