Burglary suspect enters home, stands over bed

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A student reported that someone had entered his apartment without permission on the 1800 block of South Orchard Street in Urbana. The person stood near his bed while he was sleeping, around 6 a.m. Saturday.

The offender left the apartment when the victim woke up, according to a Campus Safety Notice sent out by the University of Illinois Police Department on Monday.

Pat Wade, spokesperson for the University of Illinois Police Department, said this was most likely an isolated incident. However, he encourages others to come forward if a similar situation has happened on campus.

“Like we do with every crime that is reported to us, we will investigate. We will talk to people who may have seen anything,” Wade said. “If other people have experienced similar events, they could come forward.”

The victim was unable to provide a complete description of the burglary suspect. According to the student, his apartment was locked and there was no sign of forced entry.

Nothing was reported stolen.