The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 10

By The Daily Illini staff report

Domestic battery was reported on the 1300 block of Myrtle Beach Avenue around 6:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender allegedly battered the victim during an argument.

Aggravated battery was reported at Circle K, 59 E. Green St., around 1 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the suspect was upset that the store could not accept a $100 bill for $3 worth of gas, so he then spit in the clerk’s face and fled the scene.

A 20-year-old male was arrested on multiple charges near the corner of Fifth and Daniel streets in Champaign. According to the report, the offender was arrested for resisting or obstructing a police officer, driving under a suspended license and operating an uninsured motor vehicle with no valid registration.

Theft was reported on the 200 block of Vine St. around 5:30 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the victim sold a cellphone on a social media website, and the offender used an electronic transfer to pay for the phone, but later suspended the payment after receiving the phone.

Attempted burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1500 block of Ogelthorpe Avenue around 11 a.m. Friday. According to the report, an unknown offender attempted to gain entry into the victim’s locked vehicle.