The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 12

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Retail theft was reported at Circle K, 1713 W. John St., around midnight Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown male offender stole merchandise from the gas station. Some or possibly all of the property was returned.

Aggravated battery was reported at Circle K, 2315 W. Springfield Ave., around 7 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim was shot while running away from the offender.

Theft from a motor vehicle was reported at a University parking lot at 1007 Gregory Drive in Urbana around 1 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, a cellphone valued at $549 was stolen from a vehicle in the parking lot.

Theft was reported on the 2300 block of South Lincoln Avenue around 7 a.m. Friday. According to the report, power tools were stolen from a grounds department storage shed.

A car theft was reported on the 1600 block of North Lincoln Avenue around 11 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender stole a vehicle belonging to the victim and left it abandoned in a University parking lot.

An accident caused by driving under the influence of drugs was reported at the intersection of Florida and Lincoln avenues at around noon Monday. The offender admitted to taking prescription medication prior to driving, and additional drugs were found in the vehicle. The offender was arrested for speeding, running red lights and striking another vehicle.