The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 16

Back to Article
Back to Article

Theft was reported at La Quinta Inn on the 1900 block of Center Drive around 9 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim left a small suitcase in the hallway of the hotel, and it was stolen.

Identity theft was reported on the 800 block of Fairoaks Drive around 5:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender opened an insurance policy using the victim’s deceased husband’s name, date of birth and Social Security number.

Theft was reported at Nugent Hall, 207 E. Gregory Drive around 3 p.m. Jan. 11. According to the report, a key and a swipe card were missing and presumed stolen.

Theft from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1800 block of Orchard Place in Urbana on Sunday. According to the report, several credit cards, an ID card and a Social Security card went missing. Over $500 in unauthorized transactions were charged to the cards.

An arrest for retail theft was made on the 100 block of High Cross Road around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the arrestee attempted to leave Walmart without paying for five food items concealed in his coat.

Noise prohibition was reported on the 400 block of South Race Street around 1 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender had music playing that could be heard loudly outside of her residence.