The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 28

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Battery was reported on the 1500 block of West Kirby Avenue around 3 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim reported being battered by a female offender inside the victim’s apartment. No arrest had been made at the time of report.

Deceptive practices were reported on the 1500 block of Summit Ridge Road around 1 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim deposited a fraudulent check he received from the suspect. At the time of the report, the suspect had not been located and no arrests had been made.

Theft was reported at Golden Wok, 405 E. University Ave., around 8:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender stole the victim’s cell phone and fled the restaurant.

Criminal sexual assault was reported at Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Hall, 1001 W. Pennsylvania Ave., around 1 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender is known to the victim and both people involved are not University students.

Theft was reported at the Student Dining and Residential Programs Building, 301 E. Gregory Drive, around 5 p.m. on Jan. 18. According to the report, the victim reported someone had made an unauthorized charge to her debit card. Her wallet had been stolen earlier that day.

An arrest on charges of domestic battery was reported on the 1700 block of East Florida Avenue around 9 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, the victim and offender are mother and daughter, and the offender elbowed the victim in the chest following an argument.

Residential burglary was reported on the 100 block of North Busey Avenue around 2 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment without permission and took property.

Theft was reported on the 1100 block of Willard Street around 1 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender took property from the victim’s residence while completing home repairs.