The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 19

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Sexual assault was reported on the 900 block of South Third Street around 9:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim believes she has been sexually assaulted, but it’s unknown if, when or where.

Domestic battery and sexual assault were reported on the 500 block of N. Market Street around 1 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim was allegedly battered by another resident of the treatment center and sexually assaulted by the treatment center staff.

Harassment was reported around 11:30 p.m. Friday. According to the report, a University employee received repeated unwanted messages through social media and cellphone from a person known to her.

Theft was reported at the Illini Union Bookstore located at 809 S. Wright St. around 11:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, a water bottle and a book with a total retail value of $55.99 were stolen.

Theft was reported at Trelease Hall, 901 College Court, between 3-6 p.m., Saturday. According to the report, someone broke into the student’s room and stole two laptop computers with a total estimated value of $1,400. The student was asleep in the room at the time and the door was unlocked.

Residential burglary was reported on the 800 block of Oakland Avenue around 2 a.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment through a window and stole an electronic item, a television and an article of clothing.

An arrest for retail theft was reported at Walmart on the 100 block of High Cross Road around 3 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the arrestee entered the business and stole 14 household wares.