The Daily Illini police blotter for March 27

By Samantha Boyle, Assistant Daytime News Editor

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 600 block of South Fifth Street around 10 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the unknown suspect broke the victim’s window.

Theft of motor vehicle parts was reported at the 500 block of West Washington Street around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim reported a lost or stolen license plate.

Trespassing on land was reported at McDonald’s, 616 E. Green St., around 2:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the subject was previously banned from the area and was arrested for trespassing.

Deceptive practices were reported by a University student. According to the report, the victim sent $7,300 to the offender, who promised to invest the money and return the profits. The offender never returned the money.

Theft was reported at McKinley Health Center, 1109 S. Lincoln Ave., around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, cash was stolen from a wallet that was left in a jacket pocket, unattended in the waiting area.

An arrest was made on the charges of disorderly conduct and assault at the University Public Safety Building, 1100 W. Springfield Ave., around 6:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender had been acting in a threatening manner towards someone whom he was previously in a relationship with.

Theft of over $500 was reported on the 800 block of Oakland Avenue around 11:30 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the unknown offender filed the victim’s taxes without permission and spent the money from the tax return.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1300 block of Dublin Street around 12:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender stole seven items in total from the victim’s car.

Theft of under $500 was reported at Schnucks, 200 N. Vine St., around 11:30 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender returned the items taken from the victim’s business for cash without paying for them.