The Daily Illini police blotter for April 19

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 700 block of South Randolph Street around 10 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, items including five computer accessories and one cellular phone were stolen from a delivery vehicle.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported on the 2000 block of Cynthia Drive around 11 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the 25-year-old offender fired gunshots at the victim.

Deceptive practices were reported on the 700 block of West Maple Street around 2 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the suspect used the victim’s information to obtain a lease for an apartment. The suspect has been located but no arrest has been made.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 100 block of Petry Court around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim reported the tires on his vehicle were slashed while it was parked in the roadway.

Nothing to report.

An arrest was made on charges of aggravated battery and reckless driving near North Mathews Avenue and Beech Street around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the 29-year-old female got into a verbal argument with her boyfriend and reportedly crashed her vehicle into the victim’s vehicle.

An arrest on charges of retail theft was made at Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Rd., around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, offenders removed items from the store and exited without purchasing said items.