The Daily Illini police blotter for Aug. 7

By Veronica Mierek, Contributing Writer

An arrest was made on the charge of battery on the 400 block of North Second Street around 11:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, officers responded to a domestic disturbance and determined the suspect had choked and battered the victim. The suspect hid from officers but was ultimately found and arrested.

Theft was reported at Circle K, 1301 S. Mattis Ave., around 4:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim’s cell phone was stolen while she was at work.

Burglary was reported on the 1200 block of Nofftz Drive around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the reporting party said sometime between the end of June and today, someone forced entry to her residence and stole jewelry. There was no other suspect information.

An arrest was made on the charges of bail violation, possession of a stolen vehicle, theft and burglary near Oak Street and Stadium Drive around 7:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, a police officer recognized the suspect and was aware of the warrants for his arrest. An officer ordered the suspect to stop, but he ran and was apprehended a short distance later.

An arrest was made on the charge of battery at One North, 1721 Melrose Village Circle, around 10:30 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim and the offender, who are dating, got into a dispute and the offender bit the victim’s arm.

An arrest was made on the charge of theft at Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Road, around 9 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender used a self-checkout and did not scan items, but bagged them as if they had been purchased. She passed all points-of-sale with the merchandise.

Criminal damage to property was reported at Save-A-Lot, 220 N. Broadway Ave., around 7 a.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender broke one of the store windows.