The Daily Illini police blotter for Aug. 30

Child abduction was reported on the 00 block of East University Avenue around 3:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim said the biological father of her child would not return the child to her.

First degree murder was reported at Garden Hill and Paula Drives around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim was fatally shot in the head.

Robbery was reported on the corner of Fifth and Green Streets around 6 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender stole a purse or wallet and currency, but the wallet was later found. The victim reported being battered.

A 19-year-old female was arrested on the charge of possession of controlled substances at Barton Hall, 1205 S. Fourth St., around 10 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a resident advisor called the police for smelling cannabis. However, during the search, clonazepam pills, not prescribed to the suspect, were found.

A 22-year-old male was arrested on the charge of theft at Illinois Terminal, 45 E. University Ave., at around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the police were called because the suspect was recognized carrying a stolen backpack.

Damage to property was reported on the 600 blocks of Oakland Avenue around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender broke off a door handle from the victim’s car.

Injured animals were reported on the 1000 blocks of Hazelwood Drive around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, two eastern grey squirrels were taken to the Wildlife Medical Clinic due to injuries.

A 51-year-old male was arrested on the charge of aggravated domestic battery on the 1000 block of Killarney Street around 9 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the suspect engaged in a verbal argument with the victim, in which the suspect eventually pushed and choked the victim.