The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 11

By Samantha Boyle, Assistant Daytime News Editor

Theft of under $500 was reported on the 1100 block of West Green Street around 5 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, one bicycle was stolen.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 2000 block of West Bradley Avenue around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown offender broke into the victim’s vehicle and stole some of the victim’s belongings.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 700 block of Brittany Drive around 6 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim’s car was left unlocked and was entered. The victim’s backpack was stolen but found later, just down the street from the victim’s residence. All the items were still in the bag.

Nothing to report.

Theft of under $500 was reported on the 1200 block of South Vine Street around 5 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender took the victim’s cell phone from the victim’s workplace.

Domestic dispute was reported on the 2000 block of Philo Road around 12 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, two roommates engaged in a verbal altercation because one roommate threw away the other’s shark-tooth necklace.  

Attempted residential burglary was reported on the 400 block of East McHenry Street around 10 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the unknown offender damaged and tampered with the deadbolt lock on the front door of the victim’s residence.

About the Writer
Samantha Boyle, Assistant Daytime Editor

My name is Sam Boyle and I am currently a sophomore studying journalism with hopes of getting another major or minor in political science. I started at The Daily Illini as a reporter and decided I loved following breaking news more than anything. I will be the assistant daytime news editor for the next year, and I am excited to see what this year in news brings.