The Daily Illini police blotter for winter break

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

A theft was reported on the 1500 block of Williamsburg Drive around 2 p.m. on Dec. 21. According to the report, while the victim was in the process of selling the offender an Apple Watch, the offender left the scene with the Apple Watch to show his mom and never returned.

A hit and run accident of a private property was reported on the 300 block of East Washington Street around 8 a.m. on Dec. 25. According to the report, a home was struck overnight by a vehicle driven by an unknown driver. The offender drove away from the scene of the accident. No injury was reported.

A theft was reported on the 700 block of South Gregory Place, Urbana, between noon and 1 p.m. on Jan. 1. According to the report, a student reported a package, which was at his apartment doorstep, had been stolen. The contents of the  package have a retail value of $14.

An automobile accident was reported on the 1100 block of Anthony Drive on Dec. 26 at 5 p.m. According to the report, a witness reported seeing a vehicle lose control and leave a roadway, becoming inoperable. The offender was found walking away from the vehicle, smelling of alcohol. The offender chose not to complete a sobriety test and was found to be driving under a revoked driver’s license. Upon the attempt to arrest, the offender resisted. He was released on a notice to appear and citations.