The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 1

By The Daily Illini staff report

Trespassing was reported at Jefferson Middle School located on the 1100 block of Crescent Drive around noon Thursday. According to the report, a suspicious suspect entered the school without permission. The suspect was identified and banned from the property.

Burglary was reported on the 1100 block of North Third Street around 8 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim reported her debit card stolen. She suspected her ex-boyfriend, but the ex-boyfriend denies any involvement.

Theft was reported on the 700 block of West Washington Street around 2 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim reported theft of a package on the porch.

Fraud was reported Friday. According to the report, a University employee was defrauded $2,500 from an unknown person the employee met online. The unknown person claimed he was facing a financial hardship and promised he would repay her. The repayment never occurred. The payment originally happened in April 2018.

Theft was reported at Walmart, 100 South High Cross Road, around 3 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the suspects took merchandise from the store without paying.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 700 block of Sunset Drive around 3 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender drove a vehicle into the victim’s vehicle, causing damage. A second unknown offender threw objects at the victim’s vehicle, causing damage to the victim’s vehicle.