The Daily Illini Police Blotter for Feb. 4

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 200 block of West Columbia Avenue, around midnight on Thursday. According to the report, the victim said an unknown suspect broke two front windows of her residence.

Theft of over $500 was reported at the Walmart Supercenter, 2610 N. Prospect Ave., around 5 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, two employees are suspected of stealing another employee’s purse. The purse was left unattended in a shopping cart in the cart corral.

Endangerment was reported on the 300 block of East Park Street around 3 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, two children under the age of 2 were left inside of a female suspect’s apartment without adult supervision. The suspect later returned to the apartment and was arrested.

Theft was reported at Lincoln Hall, 702 S. Wright St., around 11 a.m. Jan. 24. According to the report, a University student accidentally left their laptop behind the theater after their class had ended. The laptop had an estimated value of $700.

Theft was reported Monday. According to the report, a University employee reported that their University-owned cell phone was stolen from an unknown location in December. The phone was valued at $850.

Fraud was reported Monday when a University employee reported to be defrauded of $1,500 by an unknown person. The unknown offender impersonated themselves as a colleague of the victim. The offender asked the victim to purchase gift cards for the offender’s son. The victim purchased the cards and sent the card numbers to the offender, who had made a false promise to repay the victim.

Theft was reported at Quick Shop, 1511 E. Washington St., around 8 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s cell phone after she had left it on a counter at the store.

Theft was reported at Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Road, around 4 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender was observed by loss prevention not scanning all of their items at the self-checkout line. The offender admitted to the theft.