Spring 2019 commencement calendar

Graduates turn to face their family and friends in thanks with a round of applause during commencement at Memorial Stadium on May 16, 2015. There will be many ceremonies taking place around campus this weekend.

By Hannah Preston, Interim editor-in-chief

With so many ceremonies happening on campus at once and thousands of people trying to attend them, it might be hard to know where you’re going when. Here is a master list of every University of Illinois commencement ceremony happening this weekend.

Friday

University-wide Doctoral Hooding Ceremony: 11 a.m. at the Great Hall, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

College of Veterinary Medicine Convocation: 3 p.m. at the Great Hall, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

Saturday

University-wide Commencement Ceremony: 9:30 a.m. at Memorial Stadium

Larry Gies, CEO and founder of Madison Industries, will be the commencement speaker. This University-wide ceremony will honor graduates of the following colleges:

• College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
  • College of Applied Health Sciences
  • College of Business
  • College of Education
  • College of Engineering
  • College of Fine and Applied Arts
  • College of Law
  • College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
  • College of Media
  • College of Veterinary Medicine
  • School of Information Sciences
  • School of Labor and Employment Relations
  • School of Social Work

College of Education Convocation: 1:00 p.m. at Huff Hall, 1206 S. Fourth St.

Departments of Mathematics and Statistics Convocation: 1:00 p.m. at the Great Hall, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

Department of History Convocation: 1:30 p.m. at Smith Memorial Hall, 805 S. Mathews Ave.

Political Science and International Interdisciplinary Studies Convocation: 1:30 p.m. at Foellinger Auditorium, 709 S. Mathews Ave.

College of Engineering Convocation: State Farm Center

• 1:30 p.m.: I-BIOE, ECE, ISE, MECHSE
  • 5:00 p.m.: II-AE, ABE, CEE, CS, MATSE, NPRE, Physics

Department of Urban + Regional Planning Convocation: 2 p.m. at Alice Campbell Alumni Center, 601 S. Lincoln Ave.

Landscape Architecture Convocation: 2 p.m. at Plym Auditorium, 134 Temple Buell Hall, 611 Lorado Taft Drive

School of Earth, Society and Environment Convocation: 2 p.m. at Colwell Playhouse, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

School of Social Work Convocation: 2 p.m. at Tryon Festival Theatre, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

School of Labor and Employment Relations Convocation: 3 p.m. in 141 Wohlers Hall, 1206 S. Sixth St.

College of Law Convocation: 4:30 p.m. at the Great Hall, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

Economics Convocation: 4:30 p.m. at Huff Hall, 1206 S. Fourth St.

School of Literatures, Cultures, and Linguistics Convocation: 4:30 p.m. at Foellinger Auditorium, 709 S. Mathews Ave.

English and Creative Writing Convocation: 5 p.m. at Smith Memorial Hall, 805 S. Mathews Ave.

School of Integrative Biology Convocation: 5:30 pm at Tryon Festival Theatre, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

Sociology, Anthropology and Interdisciplinary Studies Convocation: 5:30 p.m. at Colwell Playhouse, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

Sunday

College of AHS Convocation: 9 a.m. at the State Farm Center

Molecular and Cellular Biology Convocation: 9 a.m. at the Great Hall, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

Architecture Convocation: 9:30 a.m. at Foellinger Auditorium, 709 S. Mathews Ave.

Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Convocation: 10 a.m. at Tryon Festival Theatre, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

Illinois Theatre Convocation: 10 a.m. at Colwell Playhouse, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

College of Media Convocation: 12:30 p.m. at Huff Hall, 1206 S. Fourth St.

Art + Design Convocation: 1 p.m. at Foellinger Auditorium, 709 S. Mathews Ave.

Communication Convocation: 1 p.m. at Foellinger Great Hall, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

School of Music Convocation: 1 p.m. at Smith Memorial Hall, 805 S. Mathews Ave.

College of ACES Convocation: 1:30 p.m. at the State Farm Center

Department of Chemistry Convocation: 2 p.m. at Tryon Festival Theatre, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

Physics and Astronomy Convocation: 2 p.m. at Colwell Playhouse, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

iSchool Convocation: 4:30 p.m. at Foellinger Auditorium, 709 S. Mathews Ave.

Psychology Convocation: 5 p.m. at the Great Hall, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts

Gies College of Business Convocation: 5:30 p.m. at the State Farm Center