The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 24

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Domestic battery and aggravated assault was reported in the 2900 block of Lawndale Drive around midnight Monday. According to the report, the offender threatened to kill the first victim while holding a hammer, then chased down the street and struck the second victim with the hammer.

Criminal damage to property was reported in the 500 block of East Springfield Avenue around 4 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender punched a hole in the roof of the victim’s vehicle with an unknown object.

An arrest was made on the charge of retail theft at Menards, 620 W. Town Center Blvd., around 11 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, an employee at the business took and consumed various snacks during her shift without paying for them. 

An arrest was made on the charges of criminal damage to state-supported property and disorderly conduct at Daniels Hall, 1010 W. Green St., around 6 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, a residence hall employee initially called to report the suspect, who appeared to be intoxicated, destroying residence hall property, which included a $1,000 glass door and a $300 end table.

An arrest was made on the charge of retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 7 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the suspect was issued a state NTA after being caught by a security employee attempting to leave with a water bottle valued at $32.69 without making payment.

An arrest was made on the charges of a traffic sign violation, operating a vehicle without a drivers’ license, illegal transportation of cannabis and the delivery and manufacturing of over 30 grams of cannabis in the 1300 block of Philo Road around 5 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the suspect did not stop at a stop sign while operating a motor vehicle on a public roadway without a driver’s license. After a search, police found over 30 grams of cannabis in four separate packages in the suspect’s possession that had not been approved for transportation, as well as scales and packing material. The suspect was arrested and transported to Champaign County Jail and into the custody of correctional officers.

An arrest was made on the charge of retail theft at Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Road, around 4 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the suspect was caught and admitted to attempting to steal two liquor items, one food item and seven clothing items from the business.

An arrest was made on the charge of domestic battery in the 2400 block of Prairie Green Drive around 10 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the suspect struck the victim, his girlfriend, leaving a visible injury.