Champaign Police Department announces processional for fallen officer
May 20, 2021
Champaign Police Officer Chris Oberheim passed away after being struck by gunfire while on duty Wednesday. A processional for the late officer will take place at 1 p.m. today in commemoration of his life.
Law enforcement will escort him from the Coroner’s Office to the Graceland-Fairlawn Funeral Home during this processional. The march will follow an assigned route outlined below:
- 202 Art Bartell Road, Urbana
- Westbound on Main Street
- Northbound on Vine Street
- Westbound on University Avenue all the way to Randolph Street
- Northbound on Randolph Street
- Westbound on Church Street all the way to Interstate 72
- South on Interstate 57 to Monticello Road
- Westbound on Monticello Road through Monticello to Interstate 72
- Interstate 72 to the Graceland-Fairlawn Funeral Home, 2901 N. Oakland Ave., Decatur, Illinois
“The entire Champaign Police Department extends its appreciation to our community, and all communities near and far, for their support and condolences,” said Lieutenant Mark Vogelzang of the CPD in a press release.