The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 14

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft was reported on Second Street around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim’s credit card was stolen by a roommate. The roommate spent several hundred dollars from the account. The victim also reported they were battered by the roommate. No arrests have been made.

Public indecency was reported on the 200 block of South Neil Street around 11:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a male subject was seen masturbating in front of his apartment window from the street.

Armed robbery was reported on the 900 block of West Kirby Avenue around 1 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, the victim was robbed at gunpoint while making a nightly deposit. The 24-year-old suspect was located and arrested.

Domestic battery was reported on the 2000 block of South Orchard Street around 1 a.m. Monday. According to the report, a 23-year-old was arrested. Police were originally called for a domestic dispute.

Theft was reported at Altgeld Hall, 1409 W. Green St., Sunday. According to the report, a bicycle estimated to be worth over $400 was stolen in November or December. The bicycle was locked onto a rack.

A stray dog was reported on the 1100 block of Webber Street around 10 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, a dog was left outside without shelter, food or water while the owner was out of town and was not contained in the owner’s yard. The dog was taken to Champaign County Animal Control and the owner was contacted.

Burglary was reported on the 100 block of Gregory Street around 3 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim returned home and found miscellaneous clothing items missing. The officer was unable to find signs of forced entry. The burglary originally occurred Dec. 15.