The Daily Illini police blotter for July 31

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Theft over $500 was reported on the 600 block of block of Town Center Boulevard around 2:40 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, there was an internal theft at the local Menards. The suspect who was on the scene at the time the officers arrived, was issued a state notice to appear.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 400 block of East White Street around 7:11 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the unknown offender entered an unlocked car and stole items.

Theft under $500 was reported at the Master Gardener’s Idea Garden, 1800 South Lincoln Ave., around 3:53 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, several plants and pieces of irrigation equipment were stolen somewhere between July 15 and July 30. The estimated value of the stolen items is less than $500. 

Retail theft was reported on the 1500 block of Cunningham Avenue around 12:15 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the unknown offenders left a local Dollar General without paying for their items. 

Residential burglary and burglary from a motor vehicle were reported on the 1700 block of Briarcliff Drive around 8:55 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the unknown offender entered the garage and two vehicles owned by the victims. No items were stolen from the residence.