The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 7

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Nothing to report.

An arrest was made on the charges of unlawful use of a weapon and possession of cannabis with intent to deliver on the 900 block of West Springfield Avenue on Thursday. According to the report, police obtained a search warrant for the student’s apartment as further investigation into suspected drug activity. Upon arrival, officers found a loaded firearm, cannabis and currency. 

An arrest was made on the charge of aggravated assault on the 1600 block of Ivanhoe Way around 5:05 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the offender and victim are married and live together. The intoxicated offender threatened to injure the female victim with a weapon. When the officers arrived, the weapon was found nearby. 

Harassment by electronic communication was reported on the 700 block of West Michigan Avenue around 3:11 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim has been receiving harassing emails from the offender for six years and wanted the most recent incident to be reported.

Disorderly conduct was reported on the 2000 block of South Race Street around 6:14 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender pepper sprayed the victim’s yard where the victim’s dog was located. The victim reported the incident after feeling “alarmed” and “disburbed” that someone would do that to her dog.