The Daily Illini police blotter for March 24

Kenyon Edmond

Two officers stand at the intersection of Green and Wright streets on Aug. 28. The shooting that took place Monday night is still under investigation and police are asking anyone with information to come forward.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 700 block of Hickory Street around 9 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the victim claimed her car tires had been slashed by an unknown offender.

Nothing to report.

Theft $500 and under was reported on the 700 block of West California Avenue around 4 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the victim was assisting the offender with household chores and left her wallet unattended for a brief time. The victim later discovered cash missing, but the offender denied stealing the money.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported on the 600 block of East Green Street around 6 p.m. on Monday. The witnesses heard the unknown offender fire shots at the unknown victim, and a residence in the area was struck with a bullet. There were no injuries reported.