The Daily Illini police blotter for August 28

Nothing to report.

Aggravated unlawful use of a firearm was reported on the corner of Healey and First streets around 10:33 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the offender was pulled over by police for driving without headlights. When police smelled cannabis coming from the vehicle, they asked the offender to exit the vehicle. A firearm was then discovered as it began to fall out of the offender’s pocket. 

Criminal damage to property was reported at 801 S. Lincoln Ave. around 6 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, during a protest the offender used spray paint on the sidewalk near the Alma Mater statue. The offender was issued a State of Illinois notice to appear in court.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 300 block of South Broadway Avenue around 7:23 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the unknown offender damaged two of the victim’s tires. 

Motor vehicle theft was reported on the 300 block of East Main Street around 5:13 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the unknown offender stole the victim’s vehicle at Illini Oil Change.