The Daily Illini police blotter for August 31

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft $500 and under and deceptive practices were reported on the 2400 block of North Prospect Avenue around 12:18 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the female victim’s wallet was stolen at Meijer and her credit cards were then used at another store.

Motor vehicle theft was reported on the 2100 block of Sunview Drive around 10:23 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the victim reported his vehicle was stolen. There is no suspect information available at this time. 

Theft $500 and under was reported at Sherman Hall, 909 S. Fifth St., around 10 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the reporting student’s bicycle was locked to a rack when it was stolen. The estimated value of the stolen bicycle is $500. 

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1800 block of Hillshire Drive around 12:12 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s vehicle and stole a tote bag full of items. 

Residential burglary was reported on the 1300 block of North Lincoln Avenue around 10:45 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment and stole cannabis from the empty apartment.