The Daily Illini police blotter for October 14

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Aggravated assault was reported on the 2400 block of North Neil Street around 10:23 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the suspect has not yet been identified.

Motor vehicle theft was reported on the 200 block of South Prospect Avenue around 5:11 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the victim’s vehicle was stolen from his driveway. 

An arrest was made on the charges of burglary, obstruction of justice and trespassing on state-supported property at Roger Adams Laboratory, 600 South Mathews Avenue, around 8:12 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, police found the offender asleep in an office that was not his. The police discovered that the offender had broken into multiple laboratories overnight and damaged lab equipment, furniture and computers, with an estimated damage cost of $8,500. The offender had previously been issued a no-trespassing notice for all University property, and had given false information when he was questioned. 

An offender was issued a Champaign notice to appear in court on the charge of hosting a nuisance party on the 1100 block of South Second Street around 11:17 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the offender was issued a citation after police were called to his apartment for the second time that night following complaints of a loud party. 

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 900 block of Division Avenue around 3:26 a.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the unknown offender damaged two victims’ vehicles.