The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 2

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Criminal sexual assault was reported on the 200 block of Chalmers Street around 1:32 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, EMS personnel brought the female victim to OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center for intoxication. Staff members at the hospital believed the victim was sexually assaulted.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 1000 block of South Mattis Avenue around 1:14 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the victim’s window was broken out while she was asleep. There is currently no suspect information. 

Retail theft was reported on the 3000 block of West Bradley Avenue around 5:33 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the suspect entered the Dollar General, went behind the registers, broke a glass container to gain access to cigars and stole a pack of cigars.

An arrest was made on the charges of aggravated kidnapping and forcible detention in the 1800 block of North Cunningham Avenue around 6:40 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, police became aware of a plot to exchange custody of a kidnapping victim for cash at a gas station.The suspect arrived at the gas station in a van full of people, including the kidnapping victim. The police determined the other people in the van were kidnapping victims as well. No one was injured and the investigation remains ongoing, 

An offender was issued a city of Champaign notice to appear in court for hosting a nuisance party in the 200 block of South Third Street around 3:20 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, police were called to the fraternity house because of noise complaints from the party. Upon arrival, officers noticed over 10 people were in attendance, which is a violation of a local health code

Theft was reported on campus at an unknown location around 4 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, following the theft, the victim’s debit card was used at a convenience store near campus.

Mob action, battery and theft $500 and under were reported on the 1800 block of Philo Road around 1:44 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, while the victim attempted to leave a party, several unknown offenders battered them. The unknown offenders stole property from the victim before fleeing the area. 

Theft over $500 was reported on the 700 block of West California Avenue around 9:30 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim claimed the offender stole a bicycle from them. The officer determined the dispute and transaction were civil. 

Retail theft was reported on the 100 block of South High Cross Road around 5:52 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, the unknown offender passed all points of payment without purchasing their items. The reporting party stopped the offender, who then left the items at the store.